Coronavirus: Who can avoid wearing face mask in Dubai, UAE
The application will be processed within five days.
Coronavirus: If you are suffering from a medical condition that can be aggravated by wearing a face mask, you can now be exempted from wearing one.
According to a Twitter announcement, the Dubai Health Authority (DHA) and Dubai Police have asked residents with certain medical conditions to apply for permits for exemption from wearing face masks by visiting http://dxbpermit.gov.ae. The application will be processed within five days.
After you apply, DHA’s General Medical Committee Office will evaluate the application, which must include a medical report confirming the applicant suffers from medical problems that can be aggravated by face masks. Apart from medical reports, key documents that must be submitted include the applicant’s Emirates ID.
Categories of people eligible for a mask exemption include:
– Those suffering from fungal dermatitis, especially if they have severe symptoms in the face like bleeding, itching and scaly skin.
– Those allergic to any component of a mask (allergic dermatitis, contact dermatitis, contact urticaria).
– Individuals with severe herpes simplex infection that affects the mouth, nose or face.
– Individuals with acute and uncontrolled chronic sinusitis.
– Patients with uncontrolled asthma
– People of Determination who have mental and psychological conditions.
The DHA stressed that the decision to provide exemptions to certain categories of people is part of its objective of ensuring the safety and well-being of the public.
While wearing masks is not mandatory for people with exemptions, the Authority encouraged them to wear a face mask in public places as far as possible to protect themselves and others from the risk of infection.