5 Yoga Benefits To Boost Your Immunity during COVID-19 Pandemic
Yoga is known to cure and prevent several diseases. Right from correcting the body posture to taking care of your digestive system and immune system – yoga has always turned out to be a great weapon in the fight against ailments. As we surf throughout the pandemic, it is important to note down, the benefits that Yoga can bring into our lives making us healthier and happier. The best part of yoga is that anyone can do it which is why practicing yoga on daily basis is heavily recommended by doctors and experts.
- Yoga boosts the immune system: Research shows that regular, moderate-intensity yoga exercise has immune-boosting benefits that may help your body fight off infections, including COVID-19. In the times when the immune system is such an integral aspect of the body, Yoga should be put to regular practice.
- Yoga reduces stress and anxiety: As the situation worsens every single day, it becomes critical to stay afloat. It is natural for a lot of us to fall prey to stress and anxiety. Thus, practicing yoga on daily basis can help. Yoga Exercise is a proven mood-booster and can help adults reduce stress levels and build emotional resilience.
- Yoga improves sleep: If you are someone who is struggling to sleep then Yoga is for you too. A lot of us have trouble sleeping soundly and calmly. Practicing yoga as you wake up and meditating before you sleep can help you put an end to these issues. There is evidence that suggests regular yoga helps you fall asleep faster and improves sleep quality — and getting a good night’s sleep has also been found to boost your immune system.
- Helps calorie-burning: Stress can lead to deposits of calories and that goes without saying. But if you practice yoga on regular basis you can help yourself in reducing weight. Yoga helps to burn the extra calories which you have gained during the lock-down period and maintain your health as well as peace of mind.
- Diverts your mind from chaos: Due to the lock-down situation people are very much stressed because of the outside chaos and are not able to think straight but with the help of yoga they can gain peace of mind, which helps them to think straightly and focus on health which helps to boost immunity.